- Cited in Understanding Words that Wound by Richard Delgado and Jean Stefancic (2004, page 134).
- Spy magazine names us "World Wide Waste of Time #32" in their story "List of the Worst People, Places, and Things of 1996." We are honored. The magazine went bankrupt two years later. Coincidence?
- Houston Press listed us as their Best Nihilist Web Site of 2006.
- Wired interviewed us for information about a story we wrote for The Undiscovered Country in which a Macintosh computer was used as a bong. The result was The Old Mac That Went to Pot.
- Textfiles.com lists ANUS textfiles from 1987-1989.
- King Diamond's "Melissa" Recovered? shows how an enduring ANUS troll hit the metal press.
- Yahoo! news covers National Day of Slayer and its connection to ANUS.com
- The Village Voice cites the official heavy metal FAQ for a definition of death metal.
- The Windy City Media Group lists us as blasphemous and anal in a 2003 column.
- ANUS.com is mentioned by the The Texas Secession Movement, for our Independent Nation of Texas page.
- Cited in the book Deleuze's Way by Ronald Bogue (2007, page 34).
- Cited in the book Steal This Computer Book 3 by Wally Wang (2003, page 58).
- VICE magazine in Germany cited us in its article ANUS.COM ist das zu Hause der Nihilisten